Pantone Color Swatches
Collecting is a bit of a habit for those who like to accumulate piles of stuff. A nice way to get started on a color path is to begin by “color collecting”. This is a term that I use to excuse myself from the term hoarding.
I have been a color collector for many years now, with piles of color references in every empty drawer. If this idea appeals to you then you can easily start a collection of your own.
Choosing a favorite color is easy, all you have to do is focus on the ones that bring you joy. Here’s how to get started.
1) Organize a spot that can house your color choices.
2) Put aside a few shoe boxes or go out and get containers of your choice.
3) get out and start collecting. Find chips, snips and pieces of the color that you adore.
4) Stick one of the color references to the outside of the box for a quick visual reference.
5) Collect for as long as you like.
Use the collection when you are ready to be inspired for a home project. In time your collection will grow to include your favorites plus a few surprises that even you didn’t know you knew about.
Color Tip of the Week: Color collecting